My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Book Review: How to Write a Book Proposal

How to Write a Book Proposal by Michael Larsen is a guide to the entire process of writing a nonfiction book proposal. The book is orderly and evidently taken from experience. Larsen covers subjects such as Your Subject Hook, Your Title, Your Promotion Plan, Your Bio, and Your Competition. He also provides tips on marketing and research, as well as sample proposals and information on what editors and agents want.

I found How to Write a Book Proposal to be very systematic, easy-to-understand, and helpful. Larsen devotes a chapter to each section of a proposal, discussing needed information and common pitfalls. Though I have never written a proposal for a nonfiction book, I will definitely use his advice if I do so. I can see why over 100,000 copies of the book have been sold. I'm not sure how it compares with other proposal writing books, but I think it would do well.

Disclaimer: This book was sent to me as a complimentary copy for review by BookSneeze. My feedback is purely honest however, and if I did not think the book helpful, I would say so.

~John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home