My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Review of The Final Summit

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews


Disclaimer: I was given a free copy of this book by BookSneeze for reviewing purposes.


The Final Summit follows David Ponder, a 74-year-old millionaire who is inexplicably transported by the archangel Gabriel into a meeting with dozens of historic figures, called “Travelers.”


I wasn't quite sure what to expect from The Final Summit, but I wasn't pleasantly surprised. I don't like the idea of fictionalizing angels, and even if I did, I still wouldn't like the way that Mr. Andrews did so. While I'm not necessarily against the idea of fictional time travel, if handled properly, I dislike combining men and women from many centuries into one semi-heavenly place. This book does not have a biblically sound foundation.


The dialogue was interesting, but Mr. Andrews' use of excessive backstory in the beginning was annoying. I'm sorry to say that I wouldn't recommend this book.


~John

1 Comments:

Blogger Cherie Hill said...

I COMPLETELY agree with you!
Blessings!
Cherie

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home