My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

THE WEDDING

Saturday morning dawned bright and early as I hurriedly prepared for the wedding. By mid-morning I was on the road traveling to pick up one of the flower girls in order to curl and fix her hair at the church. While driving the familiar back roads of South Jersey my mind whirled with excitement, a day I had hoped and prayed for years would come had at last arrived: one of my friends was getting married!

Rachel’s wedding was truly beautiful. All of the traditions such as the father walking his daughter down the aisle and giving her hand to the groom, and the white dress worn by the bride, actually stood for what they symbolized. Radiant and glowing with a peaceful joy, the bride gazed up at the man she loves while pledging her heart and life to him in a voice full of tenderness and firm conviction. What an unforgettable moment.

Throughout the entire wedding God was glorified by this young couple as they sought to exemplify not only their love for each other, but complete adoration for their Savior as well. What a blessing it was to attend an unabashedly Christian wedding where my heart sang with gladness at the forming of this most precious union.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home