My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Sunday, February 12, 2006

TRYING NOT TO TURN GREEN . . .

With envy.

As the snow falls in New Jersey, we are all feeling a bit homesick for cold weather. I'm missing the sense of peace and calming beauty which always follows a snowstorm. There is something inexpressibly beautiful about looking out on a world of white.

Life stops when a snowstorm comes. And we always loved that. If it was a big storm, businesses would shut down and no phones would ring in the office. From beneath bundles of clothing, neighbors would call greetings to each other while shoveling out their respective sidewalks.

So for all our snowbound friends back home, we're thinking about you and hoping you are enjoying the snow. I'm off to make some hot chocolate in your honor. :)

~Cara

4 Comments:

Anonymous Jacques said...

Guess I shouldn't have said anything when I called......

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Mrs. T said...

Cara,
You know me. I definitely enjoyed it. Until the neighbors plowed out their driveway across the street into our front yard. Sort of messed up the pristine beauty of it.
It is melting quite quickly today.
Did your Mom get her cast off today?

5:53 PM  
Blogger 2ndTwin said...

Living in the country area the snow was so pristine and quiet. It was a wonderful weekend with the snow drifts and additionally, the offices were closed Monday as well. sorry you missed it.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Pc3 said...

Cara,
I must say I rejoice at having the Horn's in Texas (your dad is a daily blessing to me.)and I will ernestly pray for the day when your entire family realizes how wonderfully blest it is to be free of that dreaded, wet, white stuff!
Pc3

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home