My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Friday, February 17, 2006

Cara’s 7 x 7's

After receiving a tag from Sally, I took a few moments to sit down and write out my own "7x7's." I warn you beforehand, there is nothing terribly unique or creative about my list, but as I have greatly enjoyed reading the "7's" of others, I at last decided to post mine.


Seven Things I Would Like To Do Before I Die:
1. See my children’s children walk with God.
2. Be able to clearly articulate Biblical truths.
3. Marry a godly man and raise our children for Christ.
4. Travel the globe; especially visiting all 50 states, Ireland, The United Kingdom, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy.
5. Memorize and retain large portions of the Bible.
6. Become computer proficient.
7. Learn another language.

Seven Things I Cannot Do Well:
1. Draw.
2. Sew.
3. Make my pies look pretty.
4. Beat John at foosball.
5. Love hot weather.
6. Hold a meaningful conversation with strangers.
7. Enjoy early mornings.

Seven Movies I Enjoy: (I don’t necessarily endorse everything in the movies listed here)
1. "The Quiet Man."
2. "Pride & Prejudice." (A&E)
3. "Where Eagles Dare."
4. "Anne of Avonlea."
5. "Hoosiers."
6. "The Village."
7. "Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken."

Seven Things I Say Often:
1. "Aww, isn’t that cute?"
2. "How adorable!"
3. "Hello, this is the Horn’s residence." (when answering the phone)
4. "I’ll get it!" (when the phone rings)
5. "Yikes!"
6. "What in the world?!"
7. "Look at that crazy driver!"

Seven Things That Would Attract Me In A Future Husband:
1. That he would be a man after God’s own heart.
2. Someone who has a loving and close relationship with his own family.
3. A man of uncompromising honesty and integrity, like my dad.
4. One who enjoys hospitality.
5. A man who possesses a vision for impacting the world through families.
6. A man who is a defender of the faith.
7. Someone who is not perfect. :)

Seven Books Or Authors Who I Enjoy Reading: (Besides God’s Word)
1. Elizabeth George Speare
2. "Calico Bush," by Rachel Field
3. "So Much More," by Anna Sophia and Elizabeth Botkin
4. "Goodbye Is Not Forever," by Amy George
5. David McCullough
6. Jane Austen
7. "Les Miserables," by Victor Hugo

Seven People On Whom I Inflict This Tag:
I believe I shall refrain from "inflicting" this tag on anyone else. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Parish Family said...

Yay Cara!!! Thanks for posting your 7x7's! There are two points on which I might comment . . . I thought we carried on a delightful conversation when we first met! (#2, 6) And what an excellent point on #7,7. :-) HOw true.

Hugs to you,

~Sally Beth

8:52 PM  
Blogger The Horn Family said...

Sally,
Good point regarding #2,6. I guess it shows I'm trying. :)

Great to hear from you!

~Cara

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home