My Photo
Name:
Location: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bright and early Saturday morning we all set out on a much anticipated trip to the town of Fredericksburg, Texas. Situated among the rolling slopes of the Texas Hill Country, this quaint town offers a superb shopping and dining experience to tourists and locals alike. A cool front had at last blown in, driving out the stifling heat of the past three weeks which made the day much more enjoyable. There is something to be said for an 80 degree day.

Mom and I were delighted with the vast array of shops which line the main thoroughfare of the town. We loved browsing and pointing out to each other cute and unusual items found on the shelves. Dad was kind enough to wait for us outside the different shops with PopPop, but I think he enjoyed the relaxing pace and vacation-like atmosphere of a Saturday out with his family.

Fredericksburg has definitely been marked as a "must see" when all our dear friends from back home come and visit. (Hint, hint!)

We started the day at Denny's, in the city of Beorne, on our way to Fredericksburg.


Mom and John, enjoying the glorious day.

John and me in front of the town square where a homemade furniture show was being held.

One of the numerous shops which line both sides of the main street for 7 - 8 blocks.


Mom, glancing through some information about Fredericksburg during our picnic lunch in the town square.


Mom and me sitting on a park bench after a most delightful day browsing through shops.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Danielle Bruce said...

It is such a treat to have a peek into your day Cara. It makes me miss you more. . . but we're working on that visit!!! I love you! Dani

11:33 AM  
Blogger John said...

Hi Cara, (and the Horn family), I just found out my family has a blog. You should be better on comunication next time!

11:44 AM  
Blogger The Horn Family said...

Dani,
If a spy was listening in to my conversations while I was walking around in Fredericksburg, he would have heard many exclamations of "When Dani comes we simply must go here!" I know you won't be able to make it until after the holidays, but that's OK, we can always start our shopping early for next Christmas! :)

John,
Um, cough, I thought you were aware of the blog, but I guess you were in bed when I was posting. Sorry about that!

~Cara

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Nathan Hayden said...

Sounds like nice 80 weather. Here in Kansas we're having 40 to 60 degree weather. Enjoy San Antonio!

7:47 AM  
Blogger The Horn Family said...

Nathan:

If we had a choice, we would all most certainly prefer the 40-60 degree weather you all are enjoying, but since we now live in Texas, 80 degrees sounds so much better than 100! I can't believe it's nearly the middle of October and I'm excited about 80 degrees, but I guess that's what happens when you move down South.
Have fun enjoying the cool, crisp days of autumn.

~Cara

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home